Bless This Mess

November 2nd, 2009 · 7 Comments

Sunshine Cleaning, 2009, Amy Adams, Emily Blunt

My inner quirk now resides somewhere between Amy Adams and Emily Blunt from Sunshine Cleaning (2009).

After a seven month layoff, I’ve gone back to work. While this means I will no longer have to eat Apple Jacks for supper or wait on Sacramento to shake some loose change out of the sofa for my unemployment check, a daytime gig means I have been unable to produce any new content for This Distracted Globe. Please bear with me while I readjust to wearing socks and having a clue and I’ll be back real soon.

Tags: Thoughts and theories

• 1 Marilyn // Nov 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Good on ya, Joe. Hope the new job works out great!

• 2 Joseph R. Valdez // Nov 4, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Dear # 1 son,

Looking forward to reading what you have to say about “2015” in any forum. As they say, “you’re in a rat race, and if you win the race you’re still a RAT.” I’m all for moving on though. Meaning getting better. Glad to see that the opportunity is there for you. Be the best rat you can be.

Love,
    Dad

• 3 Mrs. Thuro's Mom // Nov 5, 2009 at 1:31 am

Congratulations on the new job! Regular employment sucks, but it still beats unemployment. Every time I walk into this hospital, I think “At least they pay me to be here. At least I’m not a patient!” Good luck with your new schedule & stuff.

• 4 Yojimbo_5 // Nov 6, 2009 at 11:27 am

You have to wear socks at this job? Bummer!!

Best of luck out there, Joe. We’ll keep watching for updates whenever they may appear.

• 5 Patrick // Nov 7, 2009 at 11:41 am

I’m not sure if that news calls for congratulations or sympathy, maybe both. I’ve done the unemployment thing, eventually things get to the point where you need a job just so you have beer money, so from that point of view this is probably good news.

• 6 Joe Valdez // Nov 7, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Marilyn: I’ve experienced all the pleasures unemployment has to offer and am ready to move on. So far, things are looking up!

Dad: You must mean 2012, unless they are already remaking this movie. Peg and I are actually planning on seeing it as long as we can smuggle in a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Monica: Very true. As much as I like nurses, the hospital is not the place to hang out unless you’re being paid. Thank you for helping me keep my ballast.

Jim: The life of a warehouse coordinator is one of no open toed shoes. Thanks for following. I should be back with new content in a few days.

Patrick: It sounds like you’ve been hanging out with Harry Dean Stanton. Next, I’ll be interested to hear your philosophies on Eastern religion. I think the Shaolin monks were also happy just to keep in beer money.

• 7 Colleen Wainwright // Nov 14, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Yaaaaaaaaay!

For job, not for less Joe.

You’ll figure out the balance thing. In the meantime, Yaaaaaaaaay!